The relationships Mentors build with our Founders are fluid and often evolve into something new. Startups have been introduced to Mentors who become Investors, Investors who become Customers, and Customers who become Operators.
A Relationship that Lasts
At CCIC we are here to help our startups grow into high-value global GreenTech companies; we believe that even the best Founders will increase their chances by drawing on CCIC’s Network of expertise across the Caribbean and beyond. Together, our Mentors provide our Founders with access to a level of support that money cannot buy. Made up of Entrepreneurs, Technical, Area Specialists, and Investors, these are the inspirational individuals who built companies that we hope to become. CCIC is invested in out startups. Therefore, we see ourselves as Lifetime Partner to our Founders – from startup to growth, and beyond, they will always be learning. Therefore, as a Mentor, you will interact with companies at varying stages of their development.
Why is mentorship important to us?
Mentorship is the secret sauce of our Successful Startups
- Our approach to developing our entrepreneur’s business skills is simple. We build a mini customized ecosystem for each of our startups where they are peer according to the technical and specialized need they allow for more relaxed and focused conversation for development.
- Encouragement. Starting a business is difficult, and many business owners face challenges early in the process. Being mentored by persons who have first-hand experienced similar types of struggles helps our mentees you realize that the struggles they are going through now will prepare them to be a better business person in the future.
- Improves the mentee’s confidence in their ability to execute the task at hand.
- Advice on developing strengths and overcoming weaknesses
How mentoring benefits you the mentor
- Mentees are not the only people who benefit from business mentoring. Business mentors also experience benefits thanks to collaborative learning. By helping others improve their business skills, business mentors can enhance their abilities. They may be inspired with new ideas, meet new contacts and learn new business strategies from their mentees.
- Provides an added sense of purpose and responsibility for one’s career.
- Working with new entrepreneurs exposes mentors to fresh perspectives, ideas, and approaches.
- Opportunity to reflect on their own goals and practices